Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thought And Reflexes

What some people call thought resembles reflexes and reactions. It's no more complicated and just as automatic as pulling back your hand after you put it on a hot stove.

To call it thought is to give it a dignity is doesn't deserve.

Thought and reflexes are two different things. I know that I think. Or I try to. You might think. But they don't think the way I think. Or if they do think, it isn't as strongly or deeply as you and me.

Those people usually aren't taught. They're trained. There's a big difference between the two. You train animals. You ought to teach people.

If you train people, it's because they must do actions where thought is second nature, like some habits. An example of that is military training.

Or maybe you train people because they can't think, and that's a scary thought.

I've thought about this for a long time. I find it bothersome. So I post it here and now to get it expressed and possibly less bothersome.

No comments: