Saturday, January 28, 2012

Stop And Correct

Just as parents and their children often will look alike, I'm beginning to believe that some act alike subconsciously.

One example is my mother and me.

My mother had a stroke in 1994 that left her with a moderate case of aphasia and had a hard time speaking. On a scale of 100 to 0, with 100 equaling full conversational ability and 0 equaling muteness, I would say she was between 40-50.

Often when she spoke, she would mispronounce a word or couldn't think of it. Instead of stumbling along with her speech and saying a nonsense word as a place word, she'd either stop speaking and give up or go back and try to get the correct word.

And I, as I write these posts, will often go back and correct the spelling of words and the meaning of sentences as I write, instead of going ahead and writing post, and then going back to correct it.

That's most of the time. As I write this post, I've become self conscious and not correcting the spelling and wording; I will wait until I through.

No comments: