Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Two Types Of Boys

I once dreamed this.

I saw a young man straddling the roof of a house. His legs swung back and forth as he sang at the top of his voice, "I am the world's forgotten boy ... " over and over.

Even though it was a lament, I thought the young man must've felt some sort of satisfaction as he sang it.

Then I looked closer. The forgotten boy me at one time in his past -- too many times to count and too many times that I'd like to remember.

Back then, the contents of my mind and soul were under extreme pressure and might have exploded strongly if I hadn't kept them to himself. Now, I was releasing them.

After I woke up, I could not remember anything else.

While The World's Forgotten Boy role is attractive, so is The Little Boy Lost. He's passive and inactive because any action won't help him; more likely, it'll hurt him.

It's a part of me, but I don't know the best way to use it, if I use it at all, instead of letting it dominate me or totally repressing it. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

ADDENUM: The phrase "the world's forgotten boy" comes from a Stooges song. The line after it is: The one who searches and destroy.

But right after that, the world's forgotten boy sings: Honey gotta help me please/Somebody's gotta save my soul.

So, I must be aware of that.

No comments: