Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carpe Carnum

Carpe carnum is Latin for seize the meat.
*
It's all fun and games until someone brings out the firearms.
*
It's interesting how young poets think about death while old poets think about girls.
--Bohumil Hrabel, Czech poet.
*
A new word I heard is vulturing; it's waiting for your parents to die so you can get your inheritense.
*
He wasn't reading the book. He was moving his eyesight over the text on a page. Also, he just wasn't understanding what was written, although he tried.
*
If it's better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all ...then is it better to have children and then neglect them than not to have had children at all?

I ask that especially about a lot of fathers.
*
I've never seen the word ensue, which means strive to attain, used except in the phrase hilarity ensues. I don't know why. I don't know if I want to find out why.
*
I had some Canadian Mist.
I mixed it with some Canadian Club.
And with it I ate a Canadian bacon sandwich on the side.
I also had some maple syrup.
Then I watched a hockey game.
Truly True North, eh?
*
O Canada ... by the way ... why are your people so polite ... and your geese so rude?

No comments: