Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Experts

I tend to be skeptical about experts, especially if they have advice on how to improve my life.

Some of them have good intentions but don't know any better either through ignorance of other ways or unwillingness to learn.

Some are not truly concerned with you and your problems and issues. They have their own agenda, which you should...or must...follow.

Some are outright frauds.

Some are good. I would use them as advisors; take what they recommend under serious consideration before you act on those recommendations.

I came to think that way about them after I went to a couple of psychotherapists. I thought: Why not get friends or lover to talk with? Hiring someone to listen to you talk is like hiring a prostitute for sex.

But I found out that they can give an outside perspective that you could use.

No comments: