Monday, February 7, 2011

Notes On The Super Bowl


The Green Bay Packers won their fourth Super Bowl Sunday night in Texas as they defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25.

I've found, when I surfed the internet today, that this story at slate.com is a very good combination of review and commentary about the game. To read it, please click here.

I guess the halftime show, featuring the Black Eyed Peas, was abominable. If so, less said better. No more about it.

Also, more than 111 million Americans watched at least part of the game. That sets a record. The old one was about 106 million, set last year.

One last thing...

Today's Indianapolis Star said it would be 363 days until Super Bowl 46 (I'll be damned if I use Roman numerals for them).

Indianapolis is scheduled to host the game if the NFL players and owners agree to a new collective bargaining agreement . The current one is set to expire March 4.

If:
  • All sides get to an agreement;
  • There is no lockout;
  • There will be a regular season during 2011;
  • And the Super Bowl will be played;
Then I must prepare myself to be psychologically assaulted by boosterism from many...too many...of the locals.

I must make sure my mind will not be butthurt.

No comments: