for example, if i told my friend al that the meeting would start at 7 p.m. tuesday, but that it started at 7:30 p.m. thursday, i told him a falsehood.
a falsehood has these three things:
- the teller believes it to be true.
- he told the listener with no plans to deceive or mislead.
- he should make all efforts to tell the listener the truth as soon as possible.
- the teller knows it's false.
- he told it to deceive or mislead the listener.
- he makes no effort to tell the listener the truth.
it was one of the first times i used my mind and thought for myself, instead of depending on others to affect my opinion.